Pennsylvania zip code map or 5 digit postal code map of PA, location name
Pennsylvania postal codes. Data based on US census. County outline. Adobe Illustrator file.
Hand picked zip code map of Pennsylvania. Shapes in large cities are marked with the same color. Web Mercator projection. (Google map)
Available in illustrator standard file format Pennsylvania state zip code map is the latest U.S. It was created on the basis of the Census database.
Making the map was difficult because recently the Census Bureau only deals with the zip code area, not the names of the primary cities. This could be achieved with another excel file attachment. The finished maps are available in PDF and Illustrator AI formats.
Pennsylvania zip code map
Zip code types
We distinguish between 4 types of zip codes:
- Unique address: Big organizations like Hospitals, universities, Government agencies and businesses that receive a lot of mails use unique zip codes.
- PO Box only
- Standard (all other ZIP codes).
The map here contains only the standard type, the one that is not point-like, but has an extension, covering a larger area.
Display of densely populated areas
If the individual numbers cover a very small area, then listing the name of the primary city is neither justified nor advisable. Instead, we marked the areas under one locality with the same color and displayed the name of the city only once. See the picture.
In such cases, we have always manually adjusted the zip code font size to the size of the area so that they are displayed correctly.
Pennsylvania zip code map
Pennsylvania zip code shape file + county shape file.
Other Pennsylvania map
Pennsylvania 3 digit zip code and county map Pennsylvania state zip code kml files
The Pennsylvania zip code map file in vector format enable the user organise level of structuring of map.
A vector file (ai, pdf) has flexible tools for displaying elements of maps
- you can discrete or arbitrary scaling map
- performing group operation with selected features
- changing the orders of displaying layers
- switching in/off displaying os any layers
- changing attributes of selected object ( recolour, modify outline thick, transparency, symbols)
- adding or changing features of any items, (i.e. font type)
- copying and moving particular shapes
- merging different shapes (i.e. counties)
- adding, removing cartography symbols
For editing ai, pdf file use the most common Adobe Illustrator (version 10 or higher) or CorelDRAW (version 10 or higher). If you don't have Adobe Illustrator or Corel you can choose
free open source Inkscape - 57 MB -(Windows, Mac, Linux platform ) or Scribus (Windows, Mac, Linux (54 MB)