OREGON zip code vector map with name of location, county shapes and name.
Primary city name.
Available in illustrator standard file format Oregon state zip code map is the latest U.S. It was created on the basis of the Census database.
Making the map was difficult because recently the Census Bureau only deals with the zip code area, not the names of the primary cities. This could be achieved with another excel file attachment. The finished maps are available in PDF and Illustrator AI formats.
Zip code types
We distinguish between 4 types of zip codes:
– Unique address: Big organizations like Hospitals, universities, Government agencies and businesses that receive a lot of mails use unique zip codes.
– PO Box only
– Standard (all other ZIP codes).
The map here contains only the standard type, the one that is not point-like, but has an extension, covering a larger area.
Display of densely populated areas
If the individual numbers cover a very small area, then listing the name of the primary city is neither justified nor advisable. Instead, we marked the areas under one locality with the same color and displayed the name of the city only once. See the picture.
In such cases, we have always manually adjusted the zip code font size to the size of the area so that they are displayed correctly.
Shape file includes zip codes of Oregon + Oregon county shape files Oregon zip code vector map
Other map of Oregon state
Oregon state 3 digit zip code vector map, county map County seats,county FIPS codes AI map of Oregon
The Oregon zip code vector map file in vector format enable the user organise level of structuring of map.
A vector file (ai, pdf) has flexible tools for displaying elements of maps
- you can discrete or arbitrary scaling map
- performing group operation with selected features
- changing the orders of displaying layers
- switching in/off displaying os any layers
- changing attributes of selected object ( recolour, modify outline thick, transparency, symbols)
- adding or changing features of any items, (i.e. font type)
- copying and moving particular shapes
- merging different shapes (i.e. counties)
- adding, removing cartography symbols
For editing ai, pdf file use the most common Adobe Illustrator (version 10 or higher) or CorelDRAW (version 10 or higher). If you don't have Adobe Illustrator or Corel you can choose
free open source Inkscape - 57 MB -(Windows, Mac, Linux platform ) or Scribus (Windows, Mac, Linux (54 MB)