Postal codes, highways, locations of North Carolina. 19 MB. CS5 version
Available in illustrator standard file format North Carolina zip code vector map is the latest U.S. It was created on the basis of the Census database.
Making the map was difficult because recently the Census Bureau only deals with the zip code area, not the names of the primary cities. This could be achieved with another excel file attachment. The finished maps are available in PDF and Illustrator AI formats.
Zip code types
We distinguish between 4 types of zip codes:
– Unique address: Big organizations like Hospitals, universities, Government agencies and businesses that receive a lot of mails use unique zip codes.
– PO Box only
– Standard (all other ZIP codes).
The map here contains only the standard type, the one that is not point-like, but has an extension, covering a larger area.
– Urban area – name
– Targetted STATE ZIP CODE NUMBERS
– Other zip code numbers
– Highways – lines
– Urban area – shapes
– Targetted STATE ZIP CODE SHAPES
– other zip code – shapes
Other NC maps:
The North Carolina zip code vector map. file in vector format enable the user organise level of structuring of map.
A vector file (ai, pdf) has flexible tools for displaying elements of maps
- you can discrete or arbitrary scaling map
- performing group operation with selected features
- changing the orders of displaying layers
- switching in/off displaying os any layers
- changing attributes of selected object ( recolour, modify outline thick, transparency, symbols)
- adding or changing features of any items, (i.e. font type)
- copying and moving particular shapes
- merging different shapes (i.e. counties)
- adding, removing cartography symbols
For editing ai, pdf file use the most common Adobe Illustrator (version 10 or higher) or CorelDRAW (version 10 or higher). If you don't have Adobe Illustrator or Corel you can choose
free open source Inkscape - 57 MB -(Windows, Mac, Linux platform ) or Scribus (Windows, Mac, Linux (54 MB)