US states are identified by a 2-digit number, while US counties are identified by a 3-digit number.
The first two of the five-digit fips codes, the state’s, are not marked, only the three-digit numbers per county are shown under the names of the counties on the Michigan state vector map.
More from FIPS code:
Federal Communications Commission
– County seats names
– County name-fips code
– County seat sign
– County shape
The Michigan county seats,county FIPS codes AI map file in vector format enable the user organise level of structuring of map.
A vector file (ai, pdf) has flexible tools for displaying elements of maps
- you can discrete or arbitrary scaling map
- performing group operation with selected features
- changing the orders of displaying layers
- switching in/off displaying os any layers
- changing attributes of selected object ( recolour, modify outline thick, transparency, symbols)
- adding or changing features of any items, (i.e. font type)
- copying and moving particular shapes
- merging different shapes (i.e. counties)
- adding, removing cartography symbols
For editing ai, pdf file use the most common Adobe Illustrator (version 10 or higher) or CorelDRAW (version 10 or higher). If you don't have Adobe Illustrator or Corel you can choose
free open source Inkscape - 57 MB -(Windows, Mac, Linux platform ) or Scribus (Windows, Mac, Linux (54 MB)